Our Central Coast Road to Recovery program aims to assist people with severe mental illness, who have reduced psychosocial function and are not eligible for assistance through the NDIS to build daily living skills and connect with services based on their goals.
The program is designed to support people on their journey of recovery through a structured six month mentoring program inclusive of group and individual sessions.
Group Sessions will focus on key areas with the aim of building capacity and stability in the lives of individuals, their families and carers.
Key areas include:
- Social skills and friendships
- Family connections
- Managing daily living needs
- Vocational skills and goals, including volunteering
- Educational and training goals; and
- Maintaining physical wellbeing, including exercise
- Building broader life skills including confidence and resilience
Individual mentoring sessions will also facilitate connections (as needed) in the areas of financial management and budgeting, finding and maintaining a home and managing drug and alcohol addictions, including tobacco.
- Road to Recovery is available to people with a severe mental illness who:
- Live in the Central Coast region
- Have an associated level of reduced psychosocial functional capacity
- Are not receiving a NDIS package
- Are not a client of Partners in Recovery (PIR), Day to Day Living (D2DL) and/or Personal Helpers and Mentors (PHaMs)
- Are not a client of Community Living Supports (CLS) or Housing and Support Initiative (HASI)
For more information or to make a referral please contact:
Contact: Road To Recovery Intake
Tel: 02 4365 2294 Fax: 02 4365 3836