ELIGIBILITY AND REFERRAL INFORMATION
Coast Nutrition is available to people aged 65 years and over (50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people):
- who are malnourished or are at risk of malnutrition
- who require the development of an eating plan that considers medical conditions and personal circumstances
- who are housebound or have difficulty attending an appointment
The service is provided by Accredited Practising Dietitians (APD) – click this link for more information. https://daa.asn.au/about-daa/
Through individual intervention, the aim of the service is to maintain independence, improve quality of life and help prevent premature entry or inappropriate admission to residential care.
ELIGIBILITY FOR COAST NUTRITION
To be eligible for referral to clients must;
- Live within the Gosford or Wyong Local Government area
- Have been referred through ‘My Aged Care’ myagedcare.gov.au/referral and have met the eligibility criteria for the Coast Nutrition service
- Have a decreased ability to perform basic daily living tasks without some extra help.
PEOPLE WHO MAY BENEFIT FROM REFERRAL TO COAST NUTRITION
Eligible individuals who have any of the following problems and may benefit from a referral:
- have lost weight without wanting to in the last 6 months (have loose clothing, rings or dentures);
- have wounds or pressure sores that won’t heal;
- have a poor appetite and / or have been eating poorly for more than 2 weeks;
- are obviously frail or underweight;
- have teeth, mouth or swallowing problems that make it difficult to eat;
- have trouble shopping, preparing food, cooking and / or feeding themselves.
Please Note: Coast Nutrition is not an acute service and is not appropriate for individuals needing urgent attention.
HOW TO REFER
- Refer via MyAgedCare (MAC) National Gateway
- Complete the MyAgedCare Referral Request form and submit to MAC:
Fax 1800 728 174 or online https://www.myagedcare.gov.au/referral-form
- Complete the Coast Nutrition referral form on the right hand side of this page. Fax completed form to 4365 3836
- For any other queries about the Coast Nutrition please call Jemma Bullock on 4302 5239 or email Jemma@ccpc.com.au